Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

1940's Make-up Pictorial



Today's post will be a how to crate a quick and easy 1940's make-up look!
I'll be doing this in collaboration with Aprilleebeautyx, she will be featuring this 1960's look:
Go check out her blog to find out how to achieve that look!

 And if you want to learn how to acheive this look:
Please keep on reading!


To begin with you will want to start with a clean, bare face.

First step is to prime the face to help create a flawless base as that was the common thing to have back in the 40's, for this i used Mac's 'Skin Base Visage' primer.

Next thing is to add a medium-full coverage foundation all over the face, try to go for a matte formula, i used Benefit's 'Oxygen Wow' Foundation which is more of a dewy finish but it's the only one that matches me well at the moment. I buffed this all over with my Eco Tools 'Custom Coverage Buffing brush'.

Conceal any blemishes and your under eyes using a concealer matching your skin tone, for this i used the Covergirl Concealer stick in 'Light' with a dense concealer brush.

Now set your entire face and neck with a translucent powder, i used my beloved Face of Australia Loose Translucent Powder with my large Limelilly Powder brush.

As i needed my base to be more matte, i pressed on my Australis 'Fresh and Flawless' powder with my flat top Crown brush.


Filling in your brows is a must for a 1940's look, make sure to make them quite arched, i first brushed my brows through with my Limelilly Spooly brush and then outlined the shape i wanted with the wax section out of  the Face of Australia 'HD Brow kit' with my small angled brush also by Limelilly and then filled the rest in with the dark powder section. To set them in place i used my Benefit 'Gimme Brow' to make them even more full as that was also a common look.



Now for the eyes! Prime your entire eye area, i used my Mac Paintpot in 'Painterly' and then added down a base colour using the first colour out of my NYX 'Natural' palette.




Using the 5th colour out of the same palette and an Elf angled blending brush add some definition to the eye by swiping it through the crease.


Darken up the crease more buy using a darker brown shadow, try to keep the shadows matte as that is what they would've used back then.


Add a white shadow to the lid with a shader brush, i used a shimmery shade because i don't have a good matte one.


Now add a winged liner, using what ever eyeliner you prefer, i like liquid so i used my Limecrime Uniliner in 'Quill'.



Add lashings of mascara to your top and bottom lashes using a black mascara, i also used my Chi Chi 'Eye brightener' pencil to highlight my brow bone, inner corner and waterline.


Tightline your upper water line with a black eyeliner pencil to help make your wing and lashes dark.

To finish off the complexion and a peach toned blush to the apples of the cheeks to add some warmth, i used Nars 'Gilda'.


Line your lips with a red pencil, try to emphasize your cupids bow.


Fill them in with a orange toned red listick, and wal-ah! We are done!


 













Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar