Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revlon Colorstay 24h Foundation in Ivory review

So I was having a bit of a foundation crisis. Foundations that I liked before didn't seem to be so good in the long run. I had tried the L'Oreal Powder Foundation which was too cakey, the L'Oreal Infaillible Foundation in three different shades which was too pasty/oily?, the Mac powder foundation which was too dark, the Gosh X-Ceptional Ivory foundation which was too pasty, two foundations by Clinique which were too oily and dark and finally a few Maybelline foundations that were too oily as well.

With my adrenal fatigue I have an extreme version of combination skin: skin gets thin and papery when dry and becomes a glistening oily hot mess if I don't blot by noon. Powder is, logically, my best friend, since foundation is not.

I learned that technique is also important. If I can find a well pigmented foundation, I can get away with applying only a little amount, meaning less oils by the end of the day that can mix in and make it a hot hot mess, especially to apply powder on. Blotting paper also helps.

Back to the perfect foundation: I needed something no-oily and perfect for my alabaster but still Spanish-looking face. Someone on the internet recommended Revlon Colorstay in Ivory so I got that one.



It comes with a squeeze bottle which I like. It's quite pale. The foundation covers almost every imperfection which I like. It promises to stay on for 24h, but that doesn't necessarely mean in a matte way of course. I like how it applies: not oily, not streaky, not thin or watery, just right. I love the shade but it makes me look a little pale, pasty. I need a touch of bronzer after powdering or I look flat. I stay looking clean and dry til noon and then I have to powder as always, but oh well. The foundation looks great on top of the Pore-fessional primer by Benefit.

I love that it: applies quickly, effortlessly, feels cleaner and looks less oily than other foundations. The lightest shade ivory is a nice neutral shade which is a little too light for me but can be brought alive with some powder or bronzer. Blush is a must, always, anyway. I love the price of 15 euros but I have to order it at bol.com because Revlon is hard to get around here. Anyway it's better than buying 50 euro NARS or Dior for the same price and getting the wrong shade.

I love this foundation, it's my favourite at the moment, and I can definitely recommend it.

x

Helena

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar